Adafruit.com has a few products that are of particular interest to me for amateur radio DIY projects.
Adafruit site to see what I mean. The projects I'm thinking about are:
- Yaesu VX-8DR
- DIY GPS Module with the Adafruit GPS Module. The stock Yaesu GPS seems to be overpriced and is reported by many to underperform. The Adafruit Ultimate GPS seems like it should do a much better job, but the VX-8 seems to have bugs in it's parser so it requires some field padding that is particular to the Yaesu GPS.
- Bluetooth Serial Link to use an Android Phone's built-in aGPS via a serial bluetooth connection.
- Yaesu FT-857D
- Bluetooth Serial Link
- Eliminate the need for the direct CAT cable connection for better isolation from the computer
- Rig control via an Android Phone app. The FT-857's small control panel has a number of compromises. The stock radio mic doesn't have a keypad for direct frequency entry.
- Uniden BC346XT Scanner
- Bluetooth Serial link for logging scanner activity. Hopefully this will let me get the scanner farther away from the noise generated by the computer while still allowing me to log hits.